Herbiko syrup with honey for adults
The effect of Herbiko syrup with Honey:
- DISSOLVES THE SECRETION
- SUPPORTS THE EJECTION OF THE SECRETION
- PREVENTS COUGH SEIZURES
- LIBERATES THE BRONCHUS AND EASES THE BREATHING
- ENVELOPES THE MUCOSAL AND CALMS THE INFLAMMATION OF THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM
- Ingredients and effect
Is it true we can ease coughing with honey?
Honey is a JEWEL of nature. We get it thanks to the hard work of honey bees.
Man collects the honey by melting honeycombs; by method of centrifuge-extracted raw honey, and by pressing- creamed honey.
A purified honey made by extraction of impurities is used in pharmacy.
Honey is a yellowish brown, clear, viscous liquid with sweet taste and aromatic smell. The color and taste of the honey depends on the type of plant nectar that was used to make it. Honey in its composition contains inverse sugar, organic acids, etheric oils, flavonoids, minerals, vitamins, wax and pollen.
Honey is a traditional remedy for respiratory organ’s infections and acts as an immunity booster.
Honey is a very efficient and all-natural cough suppressant.
The effects of HERBIKO syrup with honey:
Major advantage of HERBIKO syrup with honey is that it can be used to soothe dry cough, but can also be taken for thick mucus-filled discharge when it will dissolve the mucus and help its clearing. This double effect carries the optimal treatment of each ingredient, and is achieved through special production technologies.
- The marshmallow root (Althaea radix) – Active ingredients of this root envelop the mucosal membrane of the pharynx, protecting it from irritation and soothing the cough in the process. At the same time, they can boost the immune system and help fight bacteria.
- Liquid extract of the primrose root, (Primulae radix extractum fluidum) – Active saponins help open the bronchi, dissolve the mucus and ease its clearing.
- Camomile flower tincture-(Chamomillae flos tincturae) – Azulene, an etheric oil derived from camomile flowers acts anti-inflammatory (against inflammation), and eases bronchi-mucosal membrane irritation. Besides, it acts as an antiseptic and enhances antibacterial effect.
- Basil tincture (Ocimum basilicium) – Influences anti-inflammatory action and stops infection development.
- Vitamin C – Is used in enhancing natural resistance and in prevention of infections. Vitamin C is considered as one of the most efficient antioxidants, and because of that it is recommended for all, especially for smokers.
How does honey work?
World Health Organization labels honey as a potential demulcent. Honey is also an antitussive device.
What does DEMULCENT mean?
Honey with its sweet component helps create phlegm (salivation reflex). The phlegm envelopes mouth’s and throat’s mucosal membrane and protects them (demulcent), covers exposed cough receptors and soothes irritated mucosal membrane.
Antitussive effect comes as a result of a brain synapse between two centres-centre for cough and for taste. Thanks to these synapses, receptors in our mouth for sweet carry the information, and due to the close proximity of the two centres, an effect is carried onto cough receptors and the brain prevents further coughing. Taste sensors also stimulate endo-opioid release substances that have a calming effect on coughing.
Honey is a natural antibiotic and antioxidant. It exerts antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory effects (honey kills bacteria, viruses and eases inflammation).
- How to use?
How to use Herbiko® syrup with honey:
Adults: Take 15 ml of syrup 3 times a day
School kids: Take 5ml of syrup 3 times a day
Shake vigorously before each use.
Persons allergic to any of the ingredients should not use this product. Overuse can create laxative effect. A consultation with a doctor is recommended for pregnant women or women during lactation period.
This product is not a medicine and cannot replace a medicine or a balanced diet.
Recommended daily dosage must not be exceeded.
Van domašaja dece, na temperaturi do 25 °C, zaštićeno od svetlosti.
Abela Pharm d.o.o., Viline vode bb, Slobodna zona Belgrade, Serbia
For how long after opening can Herbiko® syrup be used?
If stored properly, Herbiko® syrup can be used during his entire shelf life.
Can a 10 year old child use Herbiko® syrup for cough?
There are two separate formulations of Herbiko® syrup: Herbiko® syrup for adults and Herbiko® kid’s syrup for children below 7 years of age. If your kid is 10 years old, we recommend the use of adult syrup formulation, 3 times 5ml dose a day.
After how long will the cough disappear when using Herbiko® syrup?
The cough usually stops in 7-10 days’ time. If that does not happen, please contact your doctor for further testing.
My child is allergic to gluten. Can it take Herbiko® cough syrup?
Your child can use Herbiko® syrup because it is gluten free.
Can I use Herbiko® syrup while taking antibiotics?
Herbiko® syrup can be used in combination with other medicines, including antibiotics.
I am a diabetic. Can I take Herbiko® cough syrup?
Herbiko® adult syrup does not contain sugar, so it can be used by diabetics.
Is it better to take it before or after meal?
It is best to take Herbiko® cough syrup 30 minutes before meal for better resorption of active ingredients.